Dr. Dallas Pierre
Dr. Dallas Pierre is a native of Charenton, Louisiana. He grew up in Port Arthur, Texas and graduated with highest honors from Lincoln High School. He attended Prairie View A&M University and graduated with distinction with a major in biology and a minor in chemistry. Dr. Pierre received his Masters of Science degree in biology from Texas Southern University and graduated from the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston, Texas with a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree.
Dr. Pierre is married to Mrs. Carol Ann Yates Pierre, a retired English teacher in the Lufkin Independent School District. They have one son, Dr. James Darian Pierre, a doctor of Internal Medicine in the Conroe-Houston area. James is married to Dr. Mariette Pierre, a doctor of Internal Medicine and a pediatrician. They have one son, Wesley Jameson Pierre.
Dr. Pierre has gained public recognition in Lufkin from many organizations and civic groups for his church work, community involvement and his genuine concern for all people. He has been in private dental practice in Lufkin for over 40 years.
- ADA Life Member
- TDA Life Member
- East Texas Dental Society Life member and 1st minority member
- AGD Emeritus
- NDA Delegate
- Gulf State Dental Society Past President and Admiral’s Club
- Past Member of the Lufkin ISD School Board (12 years)
- Golden Heritage Member of the NAACP
- Member of Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity (Delta Gamma Boule’)
Professional & Civic Honors
- Who’s Who in the South and Southwest (1973-74)
- Who’s Who Among Black Americans (1975-76)
- Who’s Who Among American Dentists (1995-96)
- The Eagle Award for Lifetime Contributions to Angelina County Lufkin, Texas; (April 2008) – Awarded by the Angelina Citizens Chamber of Commerce
- Baptist Church